BioGrass® Aeration Guide
Aeration is essential for maintaining a healthy, beautiful, lawn. BioGrass recommends aerating your lawn once in the spring and once in the fall.
Benefits of aeration:
- Loosens compact soil
- Breaks up and/or removes thatch
- Improves water infiltration
- Improves nutrient infiltration
- Increases oxygen supply to roots
- Releases carbon dioxide
- Encourages new, deeper root growth
How to aerate your sod:
- Contact a local aeration service or rent an aerating machine from a machinery rental service.
- Aerate your lawn using a core aerator. If possible, remove a minimum 3-inch plug. Leave the plug on the lawn to decompose.
- Add nutrients to your soil by spreading Suståne® 4-6-4 all-natural fertilizer over aerated areas.
- Add Pro's Choice® Soil Conditioner over aerated area to stimulate deep root growth.